Tuesday, April 8, 2008

a modern fairy tale

On April 7, 2005, mere days before I first set foot on Grenadian soil, I emailed my mom to ask what kind of clothes I should bring and what she needed me to bring for her. She replied:

M, bring for yourself capri pants or med/long skirts, tops with short sleeves/sleeveless, sneakers, jeans, a hat or two, 1 pair socks, umbrella, sunscreen, a kerchief, sandals and flip-flops, one office-type outfit (for church and/or house-shopping), and bathing suit and cover up.

What do I need? A good chef's knife. Black licorice from Trader Joe's, if you can get there. Born of Earth has good licorice too. R stocked me up otherwise.

My DVD wish list includes the last picture show, an officer and a gentleman, top gun, gone with the wind, bravo two zero, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, it's a wonderful life, back to the future, the godfather, french kiss, zorba the greek, roots, MASH, la cage aux folles. May I borrow some of yours? Just buy 4.

Boat looks, feels great, pulsing with R's energy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to live in Grenada before I die.